How to maintain your jewellery
How to store your jewellery
How to clean Rhodium/Gold-plated jewellery
Gold is a very soft metal so it is easily scratched—even by a soft-bristle toothbrush. Therefore, we recommend exercising extreme care when cleaning or polishing gold jewelry.
1. Dilute two drops of mild dish soap in warm water.
2. Dip your gold jewellery into the mixture.
3. Remove your piece from the soapy water and rinse it under clean warm water.
4. Gently rub the item with a polishing cloth to restore its shine.
How to Clean Silver Jewelry
1. Line the bottom of a small bowl with aluminium foil, shiny-side up.
2. Dissolve 1 tablespoon baking soda and 1 tablespoon salt in boiling water, roughly one cup or just enough to cover your piece of jewelry.
3. Submerge your item in the solution, ensuring the jewellery is touching the aluminium foil.
4. Let sit for 2-10 minutes, depending on the level of tarnish.
5. Remove (be careful: the water is still very hot!) and rinse your jewelry under warm water and pat dry with a lint-free cloth.
Note: This method is not to be used with gemstone jewellery.